What is The Recruiting Times Report?
The Recruiting Times report surveys over 250 UK businesses across the temporary and permanent staffing sectors. The report aims to understand the impact of changes to the wider economy on SME recruitment businesses.
Research took place between 30 August and 8 October 2018 by Critical Research. Participating recruiters had an average turnover of £2.7 m and less than 250 employees.
- 60% reported improved business performance over the past 12 months
- 73% are planning investment over the next 12 months
- 63% report increased demand from employers struggling to fill roles
- 56% said employers are paying wages above the industry average to secure the best candidates
- 54% are facing internal skills shortages over the next 12 months
- 34% of recruiters wait more than 30 days for payment
- 51% do not think the UK’s working population will be able to meet the job demands of business in the future
- 57% agreed that a lack of free movement with the EU will result in UK businesses being unable to fill key roles